Cooking time: 45 min
Total time: 1 hour
Number of persons 8
- 250g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon salt
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 7 g
- The juice of one lemon
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1 c. poppy tea
- 100 g of melted butter
- 1 c. tablespoons of apricot jam
- 50g toasted slivered almonds or coconut
- 1 c. tablespoons icing sugar
- In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar, vanilla sugar and salt until the mixture whitens and double volume.
- Add the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and poppy stirring with a wooden spatula to get a homogeneous paste.
- Stir the dough melted butter and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 24 cm in diameter.
- Bake the cake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes.
- Cool before unmolding the cake on a serving dish.
- Coat the surface of the cake with apricot jam and garnish with flaked coconut or almonds.
- Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.