PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 35 Min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch springform pan. Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time mixing thoroughly with each addition. Slowly stir the flour mixture in with the butter, sugar, and eggs. Beat in the milk and vanilla until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This cake is traditionally served unfrosted, just cut in two horizontally and filled with jam or custard and dusted with confectioners' sugar.