For the Flan:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (300ml)
- For the Puto:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp of baking powder
- ⅓ cup of evaporated milk
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 egg
- Prepare you steamer.
- Combine the eggs and condensed milk in a bowl and whisk until they are well combined. Pour the flan into plastic molds, so they are about ⅓ full. Place the molds in a steamer, on low heat, for 8 minutes. Remove them from the steamer and set them aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a bowl and whisk until well combined. Add in the water, evaporated milk, melted butter, and the egg. Whisk until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture over the flan so the plastic mold is about ¾ full. Don't overfill it.
- Place the molds back into the steamer for an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the puto flan for the molds, sever, and enjoy.