For the Base:
- 2/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add the ingredients for the base.
- Mix until they are well combined.
- Spray an 8 by 8 baking dish with baking spray and add the contents of the mixture in.
- Using your fingers or a spatula, smooth it out so you get a level, even distribution.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes until it’s golden and firm. In a separate bowl, add the ingredients for the topping.
- Mix until they are well incorporated.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour the lemon mixture over the top.
- Place it back in the oven and bake it for an additional 25 minutes.
- Take the lemon bares out and set them aside on a wire rack. Remember that the bars will firm up as they cool.
- Cut the lemon bars into squares, serve.