Preparation 5 min
Cooking 40 min
Total time 45 min
- 1 puff pastry or broken (homemade or commercial)
- 1 liter of semi-skimmed milk
- 3 eggs
- 160 g of sugar
- 100 g cornflour
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder coffee (or a vanilla bean)
- Darken buttered and floured pan with dough, prick the bottom and edges with the tines of a fork. Refrigerate while preparing filling. Preheat oven to 180 ° c.
- In electric whisk, beat the eggs with the cornstarch, vanilla extract, and 125 ml of milk (recipe taken from the liter of milk) in a bowl.
- Pour the remaining milk in a saucepan with the vanilla sugar, sugar, vanilla powder (or the vanilla pod in half lengthways and scraped). Boil. Pour the boiling vanilla sweet milk on the egg mixture while beating (electric whisk). Everything repaid in the pan back on low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula. Simmer a few seconds, no more, it is necessary that the preparation is slightly thickened.
- Pour the mixture over the dough (remove the vanilla pod if you put a) stitched into the pan and bake for 40 minutes at 180 ° C. Cover with foil if necessary the last 5 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan, cut and taste. Keep refrigerated.